AdvizeX Technologies is a leading information technology provider of infrastructure and enterprise application solutions. AdvizeX combines the technical expertise of our consultants with the technologies from our strategic business partners to solve information
technology issues impacting our clients’ businesses.
This position is for a Network Consultant focusing on the design and implementation of networking solutions specific to Cisco and HP Networking. This position requires the highest professionalism, communication and a deep understanding of the networking landscape.
This role requires a minimum of at least 5 years of design and implementation experience in Cisco solutions. Strong open systems integration, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
• Provide leadership in the design of enterprise class networking solutions for AdvizeX customer base
• Utilize strong customer interface skills to work closely with customers and create an atmosphere of teamwork.
• Provide detailed knowledge transfer to customers on HP Networking product sets.
• Work with the AdvizeX Technology Solutions group to develop repeatable, Value-added deliverables for AdvizeX customers
• Responsibilities will include designing HP Networking solutions and the need to be able to interpret existing configurations and understand how the hardware fits into the overall network design.
• Perform technical hands-on integration of various products mentioned below.
A minimum of 5-7 years experience with the following is required:
• In-depth technical knowledge of HP Networking and / or Cisco products and the strategic direction of networking technologies.
• HP Networking ASE/MASE or Cisco CCIE preferred, minimum CCNP or CCDP certification required.
• Solid understanding of HP Networking / Cisco 6500, 3500, etc. switching platforms
• Experience in designing and implementing high availability data center networks
• In-depth experience with IP routing protocols and the ability to load new IOS software images onto a Cisco switch.
• In-depth experience with switching and the ability to manage switches via CatOS
• Ability to monitor network performance and resolve performance and connectivity issues.
• Design and implement new network topologies as needed, incorporating best practices around WAN/LAN, mobility, switching, routing, security and convergence.
• Ability to install, configure and support HP Networking and Cisco switches and routers.
• Familiarity with WIFI 802.11 technology.
• Familiarity with SANS and tape libraries.
• Familiarity with Network Security
• Must be flexible to travel 50%
Experience with other technologies a plus:
• Disaster Recovery
• Enterprise class data center operations experience (procedures, management, reporting, etc.)
• Knowledge of server and desktop Virtualization, especially VMWare.
• Knowledge of Storage technologies, especially EMC and HP.
• Knowledge of server hardware and Blade technologies, especially HP.
• Professional executive presence and image.
• Motivated by challenges and has a strong sense of commitment to objectives.
• Helps to affect change and expect success; plans carefully to avoid the possibility of failure.
• An inquisitive nature that is open to learning from all sources.
• Integrity and clearly defined values; a demonstrated understanding of the importance of honesty, fairness, and civility.
• Detail oriented and organized in professional and personal pursuits.
• AdvizeX offers a compensation plan consisting of a competitive base salary and an additional performance-based compensation package.
• Health coverage with Vision and Dental options
• Mileage reimbursement for onsite client activities
• 401k plan offerings
• Paid holidays and vacation