This position is for a Senior Storage Consultant focusing in the design and implementation of storage solutions specific to EMC to support AdvizeX’s Storage Channel efforts. This position requires the highest professionalism, communication and strong skills
in the EMC landscape.
This role requires at minimum of at least 5-10years of design and implementation experience in storage and backup & recovery. Strong open systems integration, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
• Work with project managers to produce level of efforts and develop statements of work
• Architect, design, and implement EMC hardware and software solutions
• Provide advanced technical and or business consultative services to both channel partners and internal sales teams during the pre-sales and/or post-sales cycle.
• Share information and best practices with other team members.
• Provide support and mentoring to less experienced engineers through onsite and virtual classroom training sessions and on-the-job shadowing.
• Utilize strong customer interface skills to gather requirements and server /data specific information to incorporate into implementation plans.
• Produce documentation and provide detailed knowledge transfer to customers on EMC installed products
• Perform technical hands-on integration of various products mentioned below.
• Attend formal training.
Storage Platforms: EMC Symmetrix DMX Series, EMC CLARiiON, and EMC Celerra
Replication Methodologies: EMC TimeFinder, EMC SRDF, EMC SnapView, EMC MirrorView, EMC SAN Copy, EMC RecoverPoint, and EMC Open Replicator
Operating Systems: AIX, HP-UX, Red Hat & Suse Linux, SUN Solaris, VMware ESX/vSphere and Windows
Storage Networking: Fibre-Channel and iSCSI, DAS/SAN/NAS, Broacde, McData, and Cisco MDS switches
Backup Software: Symantec Veritas NetBackup, EMC Networker, CommVault Galaxy, and IBM TSM
Volume Managers and File Systems: VxVM, VxFS, LVM, JFS, UFS, NFS, CIFS, MPFS, Veritas DMP, EMC PowerPath, MPIO, EMC Open Migrator
Storage Management Software: EMC Control Center, EMC Navisphere Manager, EMC Solutions Enabler
Scripting: Unix Shell, Perl, DOS, and VB Script
• Experience with database technologies like Oracle, SQL Server, and UDB/DB2
• Experience with applications like SAP, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Sharepoint, and Oracle eBusiness Suite 11i/R12
• Experience with virtualization technologies like VMware and Hyper-V
• Experience with data de-duplication technologies like EMC Avamar and EMC DataDomain
• Experience with virtual tape solutions like EMC Disk Library
• Professional executive presence and image.
• Open to travel related to project assignments. Position targets up to 50% to 75 % travel annually.
• Motivated by challenges and has a strong sense of commitment to objectives.
• Helps to affect change and expect success; plans carefully to avoid the possibility of failure.
• An inquisitive nature that is open to learning from all sources.
• Integrity and clearly defined values; a demonstrated understanding of the importance of honesty, fairness, and civility.
• Detail oriented and organized in professional and personal pursuits.
• AdvizeX offers a compensation plan consisting of a competitive base salary and an additional performance-based compensation package.
• Health coverage with Vision and Dental options
• Mileage reimbursement for onsite client activities
• 401k plan offerings
• Paid holidays and vacation